Lalvin D47 ™ Wine Yeast (YSEO) (500g)
Highly recommended for the production of premium, barrel-fermented white wines such as Chardonnay. When left on lees spicy, tropical, citrus notes develop and the wine is said to have a silky persistence.
The sensory profile of wines made with Lalvin ICV D47™ demonstrates an enhanced aroma and flavour. This can be partially attributed to high β-glucosidase activity. It tends to allow the expression of good levels of terpenes, including citronellol, nerol and geraniol. Due to the release of polysaccharides into the must during fermentation, this yeast contributes to a round, soft palate with good weight. This process can also result in the stability of aromatic compounds.
Microbial and Oenological Properties
- Recommended for white and rosé red wine production.
- Highly recommended for barrel fermentation
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. cerevisiae
- High dominance when inoculated into must containing high numbers of wild strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Desirable fermentation temperature: 15-30°C (59-86°F). It is recommended to start the ferment at 17°C (62°F) or higher.
- This yeast is sensitive to low temperatures <15°C (59°F) in clarified juices.
- Alcohol tolerance 15% v/v *subject to fermentation conditions.
- Low relative nitrogen demand (under controlled laboratory conditions)
- Short lag phase and moderate fermentation vigour.
- Very low production of H2S under low YAN conditions.
- Low- moderate production of S0²
Lalvin D47 Wine Yeast (YSEO) (500g)