Cask Clean is specially formulated for use in the brewing industry for scale and beerstone removal in casks.
It may be used as a “one off” quick scale remover or as a highly effective regular internal cask washing detergent. It has excellent soil wetting, suspension and dispersion properties and is suitable for use on stainless steel, aluminium and their alloys. Cask Clean can also be used in the beverage, food processing industries and other high care environments.
The following are the ways you could benefit:
- Excellent removal of mineral scale and beerstone.
- Good soil removal and suspension.
- Suitable for recirculation.
In use, concentrations of Cask Clean are application dependent and should be established during trials. Cask Clean can be used at temperatures up to 70°C, but cleaning temperatures should be optimised during trials. Cask Clean is not suitable for direct food/beverage contact.
The following are typical example applications:
- Cask Renovation. Cask Clean is typically used at between 5% and 10% v/v for 10 minutes as a soak or spray clean to give rapid removal of beerstone. After the detergent cycle, efficient rinsing is essential.
- Cask Washing Detergent. Cask Clean is used at 0.5% to 1% v/v for internal cask washing. It can be controlled and dosed automatically by conductivity or by a proportioner. Typical contact times are 10 to 30 seconds. After the detergent cycle, efficient rinsing is essential.