Enhances complexity and mouthfeel, adapted to high alcohol wines
Lalvin VP41 was isolated in a hot region of Italy during a European Craft malolactic bacteria selection project for wine bacteria with unique performance and winemaking properties. Lalvin VP41® stood out as highly tolerant, which can perform under the most difficult winemaking conditions such as very high alcohol as well as low pH.
It is one of the wine bacteria that is very tolerant to SO2. In addition to it’s excellent wine tolerance, Lalvin VP41® is recognized for it’s sensory contribution to red berry fruit aroma, it’s late and slow degradation of citric acid and very low production of diacetyl.
Microbial and Oenological propertie
• pH tolerance > 3.1
• Alcohol tolerance: up to 16 % vol.
• SO2 tolerance: up to 60 mg/L total SO2
• T° tolerance > 16°C
• Low nutrition demand
• Good implantation
• MLF Kinetic: Fast
• Low volatile acidity production
• Bacteria cinnamyl esterase negative: cannot produce precursors for ethylphenol production by Brettanomyces
• No production of biogenic amines
• Co-inoculation recommended
Lalvin VP 41 MBR (2.5G/2.5HL), Lalvin VP 41 MBR (25G/25HL)