Food grade Lactose is a non-fermentable sweetener which is used in finished beer to give a faintly milky sweetness to stouts and dark beers.
– Provides a milky, creamy, vanilla-like flavour and a soft mouth feel to the beer
– Suitable for making stouts and dark beers
– Doesn’t affect the colour of the beer
Lactose is an off-white solid sugar or syrup that adds no colour to beers. It is also unfermentable by most brewing yeasts and is added by traditionalist trying to emulate milk stouts.
Application and Rates of use
Lactose is used as a priming sugar and the dosage rates are in the range of 1 to 2 kg per hectolitre of finished beer. The rates can be found by dosing small amounts and tasting the beer, stopping when the desired profile is reached. To raise the gravity by 1°, 285g per hl of beer should be added.
Guidelines for use
– Check that the product is within its shelf life before use
– Read the Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use
Lactose Food grade (25kg)