Murphy and Son Ltd are proud suppliers of Applied Minerals Filter Aids
Flexibulk the established and respected filtration business formed in 1978 has now grown to form the Applied Minerals team who provide 37 years’ experience within the minerals market. As specialists Applied Minerals provide experienced technical knowledge alongside the highest quality products aided by our key partner EP Minerals, who we have been working with for 32 years.
Celatom Diatomite Filter Powder
Celatom is selected by many of the world’s major brewing groups. Supply is based on optimising the quality of packaged beer and cost reduction:
- Celatom grades are manufactured from freshwater diatoms. The low bulk density of the cylindrical Celatom 3 D particle offers economies V’s competitor’s grades, less silica and more voids give greater internal bed voidage for flow and solids entrapment.
- Supply is secured by product quality, technical support and good working relationship with site brewers.
- Celatom grades are produced to EP Minerals World Wide Brewing Specification, meaning standards are set for trace elements such as Iron, Arsenic, etc. Celatom DE grades are naturally very low in beer soluble Iron and Arsenic.
- Optimisation of costs of running the filtration plant, targeting longer run lengths, optimum clarity plus micro stability of the filtered beer.
- Continuity of supply – prompt delivery ex UK buffer stock.
UK Stocked Grades
Celatom® FP-1, Celatom® FP-2, Celatom® FP-3, Celatom® FW-6 & Celatom® FW-14
- Also known as Diatomaceous Earth (DE) or Kieselguhr
- Skeletons of plankton (diatoms) deposited on lake and ocean bed millions of years ago
- Nearly pure silica – very inert
- Complex natural structures
– Highly porous (85% air)
– High surface area
- Around 5 – 15 microns in size
– Can be thermally fused into larger, more complex structures
- An economical source of inert surface area and controlled porosity for a myriad of applications.
If you would like further information regarding our Filter Aid range please do not hesitate to contact Frances Maud on +44 (0) 115 978 5494.