In view of the current Coronavirus ‘COVID-19’ pandemic, we would like to draw your attention to preventative measures being taken by Murphy and Son Ltd to protect our employees, customers and suppliers.
For the time being, it is ‘business as usual’ for us all. Our company remains open, but we are recommending that staff work from home where possible. We have VOIP phones systems and secure IT allowing our customers service team work remotely.
We are asking all staff to be diligent and exercise reasonable caution, and the following steps are recommended:
- All Customers or delivery drivers visiting Murphy & Son ltd should stay within their vehicles until authorised by a member of the warehouse team to leave their vehicles.
- All paperwork and payments will be processed within the loading area.
- Own vehicle drivers will follow customers procedures when delivering
- All Murphy and Son drivers are following a strict policy of hygiene procedures, including hand sanitation, gloves and face masks when offloading.
- If any staff or staff family have a fever or cough, then we are asking them to self-isolate for the 14 days.
- If any of our employees return from an infected country, we are ensuring they self-quarantine for 14 days.
- If any of our employees have been in contact with a person whom has been diagnosed with Coronavirus, or if they themselves are diagnosed (or exhibit symptoms of the virus), we are requiring them to self-isolate for a period of 14 days. During this time, they will be (in most cases) fully able to continue to exercise their duties remotely.
We presume and request that all our partners, suppliers and customers are taking similar precautions.
If the situation does change, we have put in the necessary steps for more employees to work remotely, where possible or for those that need to be onsite, we are following government guidelines in hygiene, sanitation and strict food grade practises.
We are a large site and have plenty of room to work in isolation. We are expecting to be able to continue to manufacture, pack and despatch our goods.
Our technical sales team will still be easily contactable and able to work resolving issues as much as possible remotely.
If this does materialise, it may take slightly longer than usual to speak to a member of our team, but if you leave a message with your number, we will get back to you.
Alternatively, you can email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For placing orders please call our sales line or email email@example.com and someone will process your order as normal.
Please do bear with us though.
Laboratory and Compliance Services
During the coming weeks we have a plan to mitigate any disruption to the services we provide. We will continue to operate our laboratory with a combination of on-site staff with the remaining staff working from home.
Please be aware this could mean a potential delay on laboratory analysis but we will strive to give individual customers priority for any urgent requirements.
Our regular email address of firstname.lastname@example.org will be supported during our normal working hours. Our phone system will transfer to mobiles for staff working from home.
For compliance requests we will be working as normal, good health permitting and will be available on email@example.com or 0115 7843937.
The health and safety of our employees, partners and customers is our highest priority, along with providing top quality service and support for our customers.
Murphy and Son Ltd has been running for over 130 years and suffered many stressful times in its history. Whilst the current situation is far from ideal for our entire industry, we remain hopeful that it is temporary, and we will get through this.